[Tigers] toureau stud

Will Seay Tigers at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 2 08:43:30 MDT 2023

Rivnuts are the way to go.  But rather than drilling the hole out, suggest
that you enlarge the existing hole with a long tapered reamer.  Hole should
be large enough to snugly fit the body of the rivnut but not the ridges
along the side.  Get the rivnut started into the hole and then tap it in
flush with the body.  The ribs will cut into the side of the hole.  Then
finish the job with the insertion tool.  I have done this on a number of
stud holes and the result is better than factory.  Ultimate plan is to
install rivnuts for all of the studs ... someday.
Good luck

Will - 382001570
Tigers at embarqmail.com