[Tigers] Clutch and speedo issues

Jerry Christopherson JCMC2006 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jun 8 14:36:17 MDT 2021

I want to thank ALL the responses I got from both of my issues. The clutch
issue was solved by going to a bigger master cylinder (.700) from "Custom
Spares LTD".  Recommended by Rick from SS and Tom Hall (he recommended the
.700 MC). It

allowed just a little more travel of the slave cylinder to do the trick.

The clutch works, but as stated by someone it is a bit stiffer.  It also
releases down closer to the floor, I prefer a release further up.   If I had
to do it over again I wouldn't have gone with a "performance" clutch (Ram).
As light as the Tiger it does not

need a strong clutch.  A stock Mustang clutch would be more than enough in
my opinion and probably a lot easier to operate.  Even with my 302 with
370HP the tires are the "brake-aways" not a slipping clutch.

The other issue I had was the speedometer cable came loose from the part
that goes into the trans.  That made me think and ask about a new one.   I
was able to "re-swedge" the part that goes over the cable housing, hopefully
it'll hold. If not I'll

get a new one.  Also I do have a 16 tooth gear. I knew that there isn't any
stock 15 tooth gears that's why I asked if anyone thought of doing a 3-D
one.  At SEMA one year they did a 3-D car, so I thought a simple gear would
be possible.  HA!

Jerry

9473187

TAC insp. #58