[Tigers] New paints

Allan Ballard aballard at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 30 07:46:55 MDT 2021

I put base coat/clear coat on my Tiger a decade ago.

It has held up well out in the weather in cross country and local driving and if curious it can be seen at the upcoming SUNI meeting in Independence, Mo.

However I’ve come to feel it’s shinier than my preference for a stock, “factory look.”

So ... just sayin that single stage paint is something to consider.

I’ll definitely look into it should the car ever get a respray.

It’s not widely available but it *is* available.

Just my $0.02 worth :)

-Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger
Series 1 Alpine (v6)