[Tigers] Bolt size for heater valve <-> pipe flange?

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sat Oct 10 15:26:46 MDT 2020

I see a #10 UNF x ½” listed with the valve but not sure if that is correct.

Sunbeam Parts Lists are available online.

Check the OD of the threads – a table I have indicates #10 UNF 24 TPI  OD = .190”

For British cars you need UNF tap and dies – SAE tap and dies will cut metal because they are slightly different.

If you have extra bolts – I like to cut grooves down the threads to make a thread chaser to clean out the threads.

For any stuck bolts use penetrating oil or ATF, let them soak overnight if needed.

Hope that helps

Ron Fraser