[Tigers] Overheating - May 3 test

Tom Parker tkparker1941 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:37:49 MDT 2018

Sorry if this is late, it ended up in spam. I'd add one thing to Joel's
test if he hasn't tried it, a Flex Fan. Mine's a metal bladed fan (there
are others, I have an older fiberglass fan...). It helped on my Mark 2.
Summit carries it.

Griffin had a "kit" a few years ago with the radiator and a puller fan on
the engine side of the radiator. I discussed this with their engineer,
frankly don't see how it can fit in the cramped Tiger engine compartment.
If anyone's used the kit, please let the list know what you found...
Anyhow, I added the pusher fan in front of the radiator; at idle the fan
maintains 180 degrees temp at idle in the Florida sun. The car doesn't get
driven much, so I can't comment on how it behaves in rush hour traffic. The
car has full length headers.

I'm going to look into the "Sway Bar Air Dam" Tom Witt suggested. Also,
when I get to it I'll try to install Denis Mercier's lower fan shroud.

Tom
'67 Mark 2