[Tigers] Alternator Conversion

Joel Martin jmartiniii at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 15:02:33 MDT 2017

Hello All
After 2 voltage regulators (VR) and 1 rebuild on the generator, I am throwing in the generator towel.  I have read Ron Fraser 2003 article on doing the conversion with a 1965 style ford alternator.
I would like to go with about a 70 min amp one wire AC Delco and making the VR just a dummy.  Can someone recommend the AC Delco alternator part number that would have the built in regulator?  I release a new bracket will need to be made.
I would also like to buy or trade for a radiator overflow tank with brackets.  I also need the fan shroud if anyone has one to complete the engine compartment.
Thanks in advance
Joel Martin