[Tigers] Master Cylinder Pushrod

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Tue Sep 12 13:23:44 MDT 2017

Richard, I encountered similar when installing the Datsun (Nissan) M/C in my Tiger which looks very similar to the Subaru M/C. The Datsun M/C was from a booster car and the receiving end of the piston was not typical (smaller I believe) to the Tiger pushrod. I scoured self serve yards until I found a suitable push rod.  Unfortunately the rod was from a somewhat rare (today) Volvo 122. And, the rod capture ring still had to be ground down circularly to fit the Datsun M/C. But, my recollection (this was 15 years ago) was that the rod went deep enough to allow the ground capture  ring to be held in place with the clip and the adjustment range worked well with the Tiger pedals.  This is probably not what you want to hear, but as a last resort might be considered an option.  If you look to a universal push rod pay attention to the piston receiving end size and the capture ring that is designed to retain the rod with the M/C should it ever detach from the pedal.