[Tigers] Stroker camshafts

Brent Edinger banana111 at msn.com
Mon Nov 20 12:08:06 MST 2017

I understand all the parameters required for camshaft choice. It is still a difficult choice

to make as there is always compromises. When it comes down to reality I drive on the street

99.9% of the time so I'm not looking to rev 7000 rpm. Of course running through the gears is a

requirement of each outing.  My current cam in my 289 is a crower (I put it in 30 years ago and don't

remember the part number) that makes good power from  2200 to around 6000 but I've

never been happy with the low end power.

The 331 has AFR 165cc heads and I haven't decided on a carburetor yet. I have a performer

289 manifold and a set of cat headers. The rotating assy is a scat kit with 10.5:1 compression.

Ultimately I guess I'm looking for good low and midrange power. I have contacted several cam mfg'rs

but in a Tiger I know what works on paper doesn't always work in the car.

           Thanks, Brent