[Tigers] Trunk (Boot) Latch Renewal

Terry Packer packertl3 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 15:38:27 MST 2017

Engagement of the trunk latch on my car is becoming problematic. I'm suspicious that besides the standard adjustments, wear and old age of the components may need to be addressed. As the SS catalog does not seem to list a replacement for the receiver assembly I wondered whether anyone has reconditioned theirs and has any tips to share?

One specific question is that my car's receiver hook inside the boot has an oblong central hole which allows the hook to shift position on its shaft in addition to rotating around it. Can anyone confirm whether that oblong hole is the intended design or is it evidence of wear and tear on a hole that was originally round? This latch hardware, including the shape of the hole in the receiver hook, can be seen by simply raising the boot lid (with a flashlight handy).

Thanks for any info or suggestions and Merry Christmas To All!

Terry Packer