[Tigers] Timely Email Delivery?

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Aug 17 18:25:04 MDT 2017

1. 8/16, 11:12 PM I received an email (via Tigers) from Ron Frasier titled RE: [Tigers] Lower fulcrum pin.

2. 8/17 9:29 AM Regardless of not having received the original email Ron replied to over 10 hours prior I replied back to the list based on Ron’s reply containing the text there of (but no picture).

3. 8/17 10:14 AM I received an email  from Jay Laifman replying in part to my email.  That was only 45 minutes for my email to go to the server in Utah and then back to Jay who lives about 6 miles from me.  Then whatever delay in Jay replying and sending that then came directly from Jay (bypassing via Tigers).

4. 8/17 4:08 PM I finally receive my own email (via Tigers) that Jay Laifman replied to at 10:14 AM - nearly six hours earlier! In essence the same email Jay got before 10:14 AM I did not receive until 4:08 PM.

5. 8/17 4:13 PM  The initial, original email sent by Richard,  “[Tigers] Lower fulcrum pin” finally arrived some 17 hours after Ron had received and relied to it.

My computer is on all day and it seeks emails every 2 minutes.  So, it isn’t like I missed something being away from the computer.  Also throughout the day I correspond with other people and the send/reply aspects are rather timely, often times only the duration to type, send and they are almost immediately received back.

  Is there any explanation???  Don’t take me wrong, I’m not upset, just confused. Confused, like Jay and I recently receiving emails stating we requested to be... (careful how I say it) no longer here on the list (when we made no such request).

For reference I’m sending this at 5:25 PM PDT

---