[Tigers] More Frame questions - with PDF for your viewing

daniel doornbos dan_doornbos at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:27:07 MDT 2016

All,  I've taken some better pictures (still not great but hope they will do) and put it together in a PPT then to PDF format.  If anyone with detailed experience would care to review and provide feedback on what I suspect is damage vs. what might actually be stock factory construction it would be appreciated.  Also note in last e-mail I called out the drivers side but I mixed with the car sitting on it's side.  The suspect damage is on the passenger side (or top of the car with it on it's side).

I'm trying to get a better opinion because;

  *   I don't actually know what this should look like
     *     Is NOTHING wrong?  The crossmember did drop right out of the car without any issues.
     *     The passenger wheel does look OK centered in the fender (but I've never seen the car at proper ride height with a drive train in it.
  *   Should passenger/drive be symmetrical?
  *   Do I have it wrong and what I think is a problem in the passenger but could the drivers side be wrong?

Also on the last page is a picture of the lower radiator surround.  At the passenger side it's only an 1" high and drivers side its almost 3" (estimates).  Is this stock?  I don't see an obvious repair or bend here but seems very strange that it wouldn't be same height all the way across.

thanks again

dan

PS.  Hopeing the Autox mail manger correctly strips off the attachment and provides a link to it.  Please let me know if it doesn't and I'll find a public sharing source.