[Tigers] MKII oil cooler capacity

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Nov 26 11:48:17 MST 2015

Richard,
  I’m sitting here sort of chuckling because not too long ago a list member did extensive testing on dipstick levels under various engine angles etc. Some thought he had extensively gone over the top. Any yet here it is with you asking a question that his testing had not ventured to. Kind of ironic.
  I do not have an answer for you.  However, if any point of the cooler is below the cooler lines it would stand to reason that it is not draining. It may be that parking on an angle or jacking the car will cause it to drain.  It maybe that you will have to remove the cooler to see A. if it drains, and B. in filling it independently you can find the volume. You could also try blowing air into the cooler (cooler line) and see if it drains. A separate catch pan would then indicate the volume.