[Tigers] MKII oil cooler capacity

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Nov 26 12:47:43 MST 2015

Richard

    A stock 289 engine with the 1 qt filter requires 5 qt oil with a filter
change.

Since the Mk II requires 5.7 qts my best guess is that the oil cooler and
hoses hold about .7 qts.
I have never measured an oil cooler so I don't know for sure.

Chances are the oil cooler does not drain unless there is a tap under the
oil cooler for it to drain.

I would say 5 qts with a filter change is correct.

The original dipstick will probably read .7" above the FULL mark for 4 qts
in the sump

Ron Fraser