[Tigers] Electrical Issue

Bill Martin tigerfixer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 14:03:50 MDT 2015

If the Generator bulb is burnt out the charging system won't work.Bill

 MessageJim    I'm not the electrical guy but I had numerous problems with my generator system until I converted to Alternator. G post- ground - black wire F post - wire NG is the field A post on rear cover - wire NY is generator output - should be in the 14 to 15v range 1st - give the generator a medium smack with a hammer - if 14v or more shows up - time to rebuild the generator - the brushes are worn and hanging upIt is my understanding that generators need to be rebuilt every 30 to 40K miles. I had to run my generator system with the VR cover off - I believe it was too heat sensitive - with the cover always off I could easily clear the VR points when I lost voltage. I installed a volt meter under the dash so I always knew when the generator was not working properly. Hope that helps Ron Fraser