[Tigers] Electrical Issue

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sat Apr 11 06:06:32 MDT 2015

Jim
    I'm not the electrical guy but I had numerous problems with my generator
system until I converted to Alternator.

G post- ground - black wire

F post - wire NG is the field

A post on rear cover - wire NY is generator output - should be in the 14 to
15v range

1st - give the generator a medium smack with a hammer - if 14v or more shows
up - time to rebuild the generator - the brushes are worn and hanging up
It is my understanding that generators need to be rebuilt every 30 to 40K
miles.

I had to run my generator system with the VR cover off - I believe it was
too heat sensitive - with the cover always off I could easily clear the VR
points when I lost voltage.

I installed a volt meter under the dash so I always knew when the generator
was not working properly.

Hope that helps

Ron Fraser