[Tigers] Electrical Issue

James Lindner jliny5 at cox.net
Tue Apr 14 17:45:55 MDT 2015

Hi Listers,

Thank you all for your feedback. I thought I would give an update. It seems I have 2 problems. Everything went dead because it seems I have a loose connection somewhere along the battery wire (brown) to the V/R. I suspect my ammeter and the wiring for it have something to do with that.

The bigger problem is that my car is still NOT charging. This was my original problem and the reason I replaced the V/R in the first place. Now my ignition warning light is on full time. Many of you felt it was the generator, at least one believed it is a fault in the wiring. I too believed it was a generator problem. So today I removed the generator and took it to be rebuilt. I asked if we could bench test it before going through the effort/cost of rebuilding. They hooked up the generator and it tested out fine. We then added in the new and old V/Rs to the test. With the new V/R hooked up with the generator, it tested out at 12.7v...a little anemic. But with the old V/R connected (which I had just replaced), the test showed the generator putting out a solid 14.5v (+/- a tenth or so).

Bottomline...generator and V/R tested out fine. So it’s onto the wiring..

Again, thanks for all the input and given the updated info we are still open to any ideas.

Jim