[Tigers] Fuel Pressure Too Low?

FHSLOTH13 at aol.com FHSLOTH13 at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 07:41:17 MDT 2012

How about the fuel filter?

If the pump is reading a strong pressure maybe the fuel filter is clogged
enough to cause this problem.

Easy enough to change the filter.

Fred Baum

In a message dated 7/23/2012 10:53:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mark44124 at gmail.com writes:

Jim,
Had similar symptoms on the first Tiger I bought (probably  reason the PO
sold the car). Turned out to be the fuel tank lining peeling  off and
plugging up the crossover center outlet. Got tanks boiled out and  recoated
and no problems since.

The SU diaphragm pumps never  generate more than 2 to 3 psi, so your
readings
are correct. The stock pump  is adequate for normal driving and sub-200 HP
engines.
Bugz