[Tigers] Originality: Spare tire and wheel

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at dynastream.com
Wed Jul 18 09:37:50 MDT 2012

I'd like to think that equal amounts of respect can be extended to those that
restore their cars to replicate their showroom condition, and those that
change their cars in the pursuit of a particular, personal vision or
performance goal. Either one requires a great deal of research, the
acquisition of proper parts, and putting it all together in a way that
reflects the goal. In either case, stuff that isn't consistent with that goal
detracts from the overall package.

My newsprint comment was not meant as ridicule towards Allan or any other
concours restorer, but as a bit of hyperbole in the 'where will we go from
here' vein. The correct answer relevant to the wheel restoration had already
been given and consensus established as to the original procedure and
replication technique.

Can we all relax now?
Theo