[Tigers] Originality: Spare tire and wheel

Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light) mark.rense at ge.com
Wed Jul 18 08:57:29 MDT 2012

Frankly I am quite disturbed by this recent thread. A legitimate question was
asked about a proper restoration technique for a Tiger and several responses
amounted to ridicule. While I have no plans to restore either of my Tigers to
concours condition, I am elated that some are choosing to preserve these cars
in their natural state. I have gone through that process on two other cars and
several bikes in the past, a BJ8 Healey, '64 1/2 Mustang and several Nortons,
and understand the passion. The pursuit of "correctness" is painstaking, time
consuming and damn expensive, and I have the upmost respect for those who are
pursuing that lofty goal...and none for those that trash that pursuit.

Bugz