[Tigers] Originality: Spare tire and wheel

awtiger at cox.net awtiger at cox.net
Tue Jul 17 15:07:18 MDT 2012

Allan:

I posed this exact question to the list a number of years back and the majority of responses I received indicated that the inside of the wheels was to be black and the outside was to be foam grey (my car is a Mk1A, too).  Also, the info also indicated that you should paint the backside of the wheel black first, then paint the outside foam grey without masking off any of the holes in the wheel.  Wheels done correctly should exhibit a slight bit of foam grey overspray on the black backside of the wheel.  That's what I did on mine, per instructions I received on this list.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740