[Tigers] Originality: Spare tire and wheel

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:13:04 MDT 2012

>Wheels done correctly should exhibit a slight bit of foam grey overspray
on the black >backside of the wheel.  That's what I did on mine, per
instructions I received on this >list.

I was once watching a show about a guy who restores Corvettes, and is known
as one of the top guys.  He showed how he finally figured out how to
duplicate the factory paint job on the air conditioning bracket.  A nicely
painted part comes to mind.  But, it seems that ALL the Corvette AC
brackets peeled and flaked almost immediately.  So he "perfected" peeling
and flaking!

He also showed how the cars were painted, then the bumpers were put on, and
then the paint was buffed.  So, the area under the bumpers were
historically lower quality.  Rest assured, he duplicated that too!

And, he gets all the big bucks Corvette restorations.

Now are we going to start talking about if Tiger wheels have beefier bolt
hole surrounds than Alpine wheels?