[Tigers] Originality: Spare tire and wheel

AAAGLASSS at aol.com AAAGLASSS at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 12:52:51 MDT 2012

All 5 of my stock wheels are white.

In a message dated 7/17/2012 11:50:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
aballard at ix.netcom.com writes:

While my  Tiger is undergoing a respray I thought to paint the spare tire
wheel.

(The other wheels are period correct Dunlop wheels - not  stock.)

I believe the correct color for Tiger wheels is Rootes Code #8  -- Foam
Grey, and have a paint chip in that color for matching.

The  wheel itself is a dingy off white color with an ancient 175-13,
narrow  whitewall tire that's been on the wheel at least since 1980 when
the car  entered long term storage.

But when I looked at the back side of the  wheel it was painted gloss black.

I had to use cleaner to remove enough  grime to see the color.

So...that's the question - is the correct color  of the spare tire wheel
Foam Grey on the front and gloss black on the  back?

Thanks in advance,

Allan Ballard
Mk1a  Tiger

tigers at autox.team.net