[Tigers] Originality: Spare tire and wheel

Allan Ballard aballard at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 17 12:39:33 MDT 2012

While my Tiger is undergoing a respray I thought to paint the spare tire
wheel.

(The other wheels are period correct Dunlop wheels - not stock.)

I believe the correct color for Tiger wheels is Rootes Code #8 -- Foam
Grey, and have a paint chip in that color for matching.

The wheel itself is a dingy off white color with an ancient 175-13,
narrow whitewall tire that's been on the wheel at least since 1980 when
the car entered long term storage.

But when I looked at the back side of the wheel it was painted gloss black.

I had to use cleaner to remove enough grime to see the color.

So...that's the question - is the correct color of the spare tire wheel
Foam Grey on the front and gloss black on the back?

Thanks in advance,

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger