[Tigers] Stiff Clutch

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:13:15 MDT 2012

Thanks for all the suggestions.  This weekend I'll check out the bore size
of the master, bleed the fluid, and look at the movement of the lever going
into the bell housing.  Other than that, it sounds like the other thoughts
can't be addressed without pulling the tranny off and seeing what is in
there.  I'm assuming that is not an easy task on a Tiger.

I've done it a number of times on my Alpine.  But I'm not even sure I can
bench press up the Alpine tranny to get it into place anymore.  And, with
the Alpine, after basically undoing just about everything - enough to be
able to angle the tranny down enough to pull it out, there is so little
left that I always think afterwards that I just should have pulled the
engine.  Yet, I figure the Tiger must be worse.

Thanks again,
Jay