[Tigers] Stiff Clutch

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Mon Jul 2 18:16:26 MDT 2012

Jay:

I had the same thing that Gene describes happen to my clutch/bell
housing many years back.  Replaced the bell and solved the problem.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:10:54 +0000 (UTC)
From:genepadgett at comcast.net
To: Jay Laifman<jay.laifman at gmail.com>
Cc: Bob Dixon<tigers at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Stiff Clutch

Jay,

Just a thought from left field. Anyway to get the car on a lift and look at the clutch arm fulcrum to be sure that it is not broken?

That fulcrum is a little "L" channel shaped piece of metal that is inside the bell housing and riveted to it near the hole the clutch arm goes in the bell housing. These have been known to break from time to time. If that happens, the clutch arm just sort of rocks on the bell housing side in that area rather than pivots smoothly about an edge, sort of like a sea-saw pivots. That bracket being broken would dramatically increase operating pressure but clutch arm could still function in a manner of speaking. You might be able to pull the dust boot loss at that area where the clutch arm goes into the bell housing and see if all is okay.

Again, just a wild idea.

Gene