[Tigers] Stiff clutch

Ronak, T.P. (Timothy) Timothy.Ronak at akzonobel.com
Mon Jul 2 17:33:32 MDT 2012

Jay,
When I first obtained my Tiger it had a ridiculously stiff clutch ... even by
performance standards. It was a Hayes HD clutch assembly and the extra
pressure was created by stiffer springs so at low speed the clutch was a BEAR!
It was so stiff in fact that eventually it caused the clutch fork to split and
fail and that was the reason the previous owner had parked the car as the fork
was bending acting like the car needed the clutch replaced. The replacement
clutch fork broke as well.

The old technology approach of stiff springs in the clutch hat and 3 short
clutch arms is obsolete technology and I encourage you to explore some of the
centrifugal diaphragm clutch technology that increases clutch pressure with
RPM allowing for a minimal pedal pressure at low rpm stop and go traffic and a
non fatiguing drivers leg in traffic.

I ran a Centerforce Dual Friction setup and swear it was one of the best
arrangements I have used.
Best Regards,
Tim Ronak
Senior Services Consultant
AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings NA
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo,  CA  92691
Ph: (949) 289-3357
Fx: (425) 955-6268
EM: timothy.ronak at akzonobel.com<mailto:timothy.ronak at akzonobel.com>
Personal EM: timronak at cox.net<mailto:timronak at cox.net>

Information contained in this email is confidential. If you received this
email in error please delete this message and inform the sender.