[Tigers] flexplate motor to flywheel

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at dynastream.com
Mon Feb 27 15:09:52 MST 2012

I have a jar of pilot-bearing-removal paste that I've created for the sole
purpose of removing pilot bearings... haven't had to use it for years now, but
it will work the next time I have to do it.

Just get some wheel bearing grease (about 1 oz), and then take small wads of
paper towel and mix them into the grease until you have a very thick goop.
Push as much as you can into the end of the crankshaft; then get a bolt (or
clutch pilot tool) that has an OD of the same size as the ID of the pilot
bearing. Tap it in; if you bottom the tool then remove it and put in more
paste, and repeat. The bearing will come out, and the paste is thick enough
that it doesn't splatter - it should not even be able to force itself past the
bolt.

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.