[Spridgets] Thanks for all your help thru the years

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 18:34:42 MDT 2019

> For anyone else that is preparing to do this repair. I would suggest you
> head to your local scrap yard. Look in their pile of bicycles. The cheap
> Chinese Wally World bikes have a sweep 90* made out of aluminum on the
> front and rear brakes of the bike. Get both of them. When you replace your
> cable, put these on both ends to keep the transition smooth, and the cable
> no longer will rub on the bonnet.
> Just another hint, in the memory of "we tight" Clarici.

Or, If you ain't quite that tight, they are called "Brake Noodles" and they
cost about $3 each at your local bike shop. Nice new lined brake housing in
a selection of colours runs a couple bucks a foot. Add a $6 mountain bike
brake cable and you have a setup that works far better than any of the
usual suspects will sell you ad at a significant savings. Kinda ironic to
ise a cable intended to slow down a bicycle to make your Spridget speed
up...
David L