[Spridgets] Datsun Transmission

Richard Ball rich_ball at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 8 20:08:40 MDT 2019

Hey Mike,

If you have access to a press and some basic tools (bearing pullers, set of
punches, feeler gauges, torque wrench, etc) they are not too hard to rebuild
yourself.  I have rebuilt two of them.  One was the modified Skyhook
Engineering ones for the TD's and TF's..  You're in Socal right?  Gerard up
North of you rebuilds them and I know Bill M down in Santee has done several
so you might contact one them.

A good set of original syncro should be fine, you'll just need to measure
them out and make sure they are within tolerances as you go.  All the info
you need is in the service manual.  I can send you a copy or you can
download it from the Rivergate or Gerard's sites if you don't have it.
Bearings, seals, and bushings are all pretty much still available, that's
about it.  I have a few thrust bearings if yours are out of tolerance, but
that's about it.  I do have a bunch of parts for a 60L (dogleg) though.

Rich Ball

'76 Midget

Everett, Wa

  _____