[Spridgets] Datsun Transmission

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat Jun 8 18:13:01 MDT 2019

Finally took the Bugeye out for a ride today after all the rebuilding the suspension, brakes and steering.  I drained and refilled the Datsun transmission with Redline MT 90.  Well, the shifting was very notchy.  I could not downshift without grinding gears.  So, it has to come out and replace the synchros which are not available.  Might be easier to replace the transmission if I could find one.  My only other alternative is replacing the synchros with a very good set of used Datsun synchros I have.  Who rebuilds these old transmissions anyway?  Anyone have one of these transmissions they would like to sell?Mike MacLean