[Spridgets] Frank's Midget

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 08:59:10 MDT 2018

    There have been a few requests for pictures.  I have not sent many because outward the car looks pretty much like it did the day Frankie rolled it out and we loaded it on my trailer in Toms River New Jersey.  Dirt, faded and worn thin red oxide primer and some of Frank or frankie's graffiti are still very visible.  Literally the car looks like nothing has been done upon a first glance.   Closer inspection reveals that every nut and bolt ( except for the doors and hood!) and all the suspension ( front & rear!) and steering have been removed and I do mean ALL!    All New bushings, hub bearings and seals , rebuilt control arms, new pads and shoes, rebuilt calipers, new wheel cylinders, All New hoses & brake tubing, a rebuilt master cyl, NOS clutch master & slave cyl with New hose And New tubing, NOS rear shocks, urethane bushings in the rear spring & shackles, completely refurbished emergency brake from lever to the backing plates, a good stock rib case trans, new pinion seal in a really nice 4.22 gear set, cut rear drums, New rear brake springs , reconstructed and properly adjusted panhard rod, and a stock ( for now) front sway bar have All been installed along with an oil cooler with lines and the radiator expansion tank and a very nice cross flow radiator.   The brakes are spot on and the chassis is set up as I would for a competition car , utilising everything that has been donated to the cause and my stash of goodies .   I'm about to start figuring dash layout for the bugeye dash I intend to use.  I believe I have the gauges and switches I will need....I think.  I have not resolved a headlight switch as of right now..I do have headlight , park/turn ( front) lamps And tail light assemblies for the car.   But as originally stated the car looks like nothing has been done to it externally.   I wanted a the dirty work behind me before I start repairing the cut off tops of both quarter panels and complete to molding in of the quarter panel flares plus finish the damage repair ( minimal since Frank started the repair years ago) to the right front fender from it's wild ride on the interstate unhitched at speed during its delivery to Frank.   If this car could talk....if only it could talk...Its coming back to life..   On the "we tight" budget , it is recycling more stuff from Frank's collection of parts that came with the car and list members across the country graciously sharing pieces from their collections.      Frank's Midget is going to live.   I have to admit I've thought the car hates me at times for how it's teased and taunted me with SUPRISE after SUPRISE with broken and severely worn out parts and salt water in the rear axle when I drained it.  Of all the parts the were on the car up in arrival, the only pieces that have stayed with the car are the rear springs and bare axle housing and the front spindles and one king pin!   That's it!  Everything else is from other cars.ChuckThat's the up to date state
Sent from my LG Mobile