[Spridgets] Radiator Question

Trevor Jessie trevor.jessie at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:31:27 MDT 2015

Looking at parts list AKD3513, it shows two part numbers for the radiator
ARA92 and ARA241.  I was wondering if it was just a change in the shrouds
or is there is a fundamental difference.

The reason I ask is because I had a 3-row radiator in my 1275 bugeye (this
was a recore) it kept the car cool except in the hottest of stop and go
traffic.  When it had a major failure I decided to just buy a stock two row
replacement, thinking it would be good enough.  It will not keep the car
cool if the air temperature is above 80 degrees.  I thought if the '67's
were originally fitted with three row cores then there may be a supplier
that has a replacement unit available.

I can not find anyone in my area that does affordable and quality re-coring
or I'd go that route again.

-Trevor