[Spridgets] generator to Alternator

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 23:53:28 MDT 2013

Dean,

I converted my car in less then 1/2 hours & it looks cleaner.
I used the alternator bracket not the steel pipe
My old swoop bracket from the generator bolted right up.
I used a conversion done by many happy people.
There are a lot out there and they all work.
This one looks stock & is easy to convert over.
I got my parts from Steve at Ol Phartz Parts

Here is some information on the conversion.

I did this one except i did not like the looks of the pipe.,
 http://www.nonlintec.com/sprite/alternator/ ,
He even goes into the wiring changes needed to the regulator.
Click on the pictures & diagrams to make them bigger.
I used the adapter instead of the piece of water pipe at the rear support.

Bosch 13107 alternator, 78-80 Ford Fiesta: 55 AMP
https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=PME13107_01929635
75&An=599001+101980+50026+2026036 ...
Although the NAPA web site shows this with a pulley and fan & mine came with
one.
Others told me there's was shipped without one..
They had to go back to NAPA and get one. .

This is what the adapter looks like:
 http://www.spridgetmania.com/LargePic.cfm?LargeImage=12g1053%2Ejpg&Item=MOUN
TING%20BRACKET%20FOR%20ALTERNATOR, .

Runs great ... lights are very bright.