[Spridgets] BE Back Home

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Sun Jun 10 07:17:27 MDT 2012

Change the oil, add some fresh gas, and start it up and drive it.  I've had
cars that sit for years and they're fine when started up and driven.

I don't like silicon brake fluid.  But one of it's advantages is that it
doesn't absorb moisture and cause issues during periods of long storage.  I
have a friend that runs a small car museum and he uses silicone in the
antiques with hydraulic brakes for this very reason.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

On Jun 10, 2012, at 12:21 AM, Bob Kitterer <bkitterer at me.com> wrote:

> After almost three years in my friends garage the Bugeye is back in my
garage.

> Now I have to drain the silicon brake fluid and see what has happen to
seals. Does anyone know if there are any seals still available that will work
with silicon brake fluid?  Or is there a newer brake fluid that does not eat
paint?

> Once the hydraulics are done then it is drain the other fluids and decide if
I want to open the engine up and do a minor (maybe) rebuild or just see if it
will start back up.  There was nothing really wrong with the engine and trany
when it went into storage but sitting for three years makes me uncomfortable.