[Spridgets] Alternator Project

Paul Van Wig pvanwig at mac.com
Tue Jul 10 16:42:09 MDT 2012

Very nice

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach/Big Bear, CA
pvanwig at mac dot com

68 Minor Woody
59 Metropolitan (the wife's ride )
60 Bugeye (awaiting time to work on it)

On Jul 10, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Tim Collins <thcollin at mtu.edu> wrote:

I just finished a "generator to alternator" conversion on my 1966 Austin Healey Sprite. I took pics along the way showing the brackets I fabricated and modifications to the alternator and voltage regulator. I used the VR as a terminal block.

My philosophy along the way was to make mods to the alternator and not make mods to the Sprite - like not shaving away the mounting bracket on the water pump to get the belt in proper alignment. So all my mods can easily be "undone" if I or a new owner should want to go back to a generator. (why?)

I also updated my wiring diagram to show the new wiring with the alternator (and relays I added in my last project). A pic of the wiring diagram is included.

The pics are at my Flickr album at the URL below.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/ ------------------------

spridgets at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html