[Spridgets] 73 Midget body panels

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 29 16:37:13 MDT 2011

Except for plastic when I use an electric soldering iron, I use
oxy-acetylene for doing all welding and heavy duty cutting and find it no
problem on car body thickness metal.  However, I do use welding rods rather
than coat hangers (I like that idea!) but have used the cutting torch head
for lots of heat (my biggest welding nozzle is a size 13) and a broken gear
lever as a rod when welding a thick metal bracket to a girder. <embarrassed
shrug of shoulders>
I find the oxy is also good for providing heat to loosen parts up - or cut
them off if truly solid.

Guy R Day