[Spridgets] 73 Midget body panels

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 10:52:29 MDT 2011

I never tried the Henrob, but used to do all of my welding with an
oxy-acetylene torch. It will never be as nice as TIG welding, but with a small
aircraft torch, a selection of small tips, and heat dam compound you can do a
very nice job on panel work. Besides stick welding that's all the body shops
had for many years. With a torch you have excellent heat control and can play
with the puddle, i.e. slowing down or increasing the forward travel as needed,
and you have the ability to handle gaps. Somethings you can't do with TIG on
light gauges, and your equipment costs a fraction of the cheapest TIG machine.
Having said all that, for what a complete gas setup will cost you could buy a
small MIG welder. They are so convenient, but you get the most versatility
from an oxy-acetylene rig.
John
Fogelsville, PA