[Spridgets] What fluid for clutch master cylinder?

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 12 19:46:53 MDT 2011

My experience with LMA is that over time it crystallizes into this yellow
grit that gets between the rubber seal and the walls of the wheel cylinders.

I went through this twice before I converted to silicone.  I will never go
back.

I think you are correct, the above is moisture/oxygen combining with the LMA
fluid.  But once it starts it becomes self perpetuating and things go down
hill very quickly.

But with the Silicone fluid this process does not even begin in the first
place.

The "safe on paint" aspect of Silicone is a double edged sword.  It also
prevents new paint from sticking should you inadvertently get it on a
surface.   It is very persistent in this regard.