[Spridgets] What fluid for clutch master cylinder?

Allen Hefner lbc77mg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:43:06 MDT 2011

Well, I disagree.  Water will not mix at all with sillycon.  If you don't
keep the moisture in your brake system in suspension in the brake fluid, it
will pool at the low points and will corrode wherever it sits.  Eventually
it will start leaking.  The good thing is that it won't eat the paint.  The
bad thing is that if you don't notice it, you won't be able to stop.

A much better idea for safety is to change the brake fluid every other year,
or if you race, after each race.

Plus, see Bob K's post about how seals in our LBCs aren't made for silicone
fluid.

 Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*