[Spridgets] What fluid for clutch master cylinder?

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at me.com
Wed Oct 12 21:38:28 MDT 2011

I agree that silicon and water do not like each others company.  However just for information the DOT 5 fluid was in my car for 12 years and about 24-25000 miles.  When I open the system up there was no sign of water.  It is the first time in 50+ years of working on cars that I have not seen water damage to wheel cylinders.  No explanation just observation.

Bob Kitterer and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage