[Spridgets] wiring to coil

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 11:52:43 MDT 2008

First- do you have the body of the coil grounded well? This is required.
Next- disconnect the distributor wire and now you should get 12v from either
side of the coil to ground. If the dist wire is hookled up then you may or may
not get 12v (depends on if the points are open or closed)

I will bet that either your coil isn't well enough grounded or your points are
dirty if you aren't getting spark.

Bill

 Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:34:47 -0700> From: kidjoevid at yahoo.com> To:
spridgets at autox.team.net> Subject: [Spridgets] wiring to coil> > I'm
double-checking myself on the wiring for my coil. Is this correct? There are
two leads that have always been there - a positive to the + side and a
negative to the - side. My new dizzy has just one lead - this should go to the
negative side - right?> > Also, with 12 volts in to the pos side, and the neg
side lead back into the harness, I should read 12 volts if connecting a meter
from ground to either terminal - right ?> > And if I have twelve volts across
the terminals I should get high voltage out the center hi volt. terminal -
right? Well, I can't get a spark across a grounded plug. I tried two different
coils. Do I have 'em wired wrong? > > Joe>