[Spridgets] Somebody calm my mind....

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Fri Sep 5 05:43:47 MDT 2008

> If you leave it, you will play merry hell the next time (and there will be
> next time) you have to pull the engine. If it were me I'd put the flex
> line
> in. Do you have the gusset on the passenger side frame for the flex line?
> If
> not it might be a bit tricky but still doable to install flex line. IMHO,
> lack of flex line is why your hard line is buggered!  There is a reason it
> was designed with a flex line and not a hard line. You've apparently found
> it.

But it WASN'T "designed with a flex line". The flex line didn't start until
1967 per Horler.
To go to a flex line would require replacing the slave cylinder with a later
model and welding a tab on the subframe to hold the end of the line. This
car came from the factory with a hard line with a few coils near the end to
add "flex". It will work fine that way. Someone take a picture of their
proper hard line setup with the coils and email it to him.
David Lieb