[Spridgets] Ramps LBC related...

Bob Spruck mgmaven at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 26 11:02:05 MDT 2008

I use these heavy plastic ramps for oil changes, etc on my wife's Caravan
and my Dakota. I wanted something sturdier for these heavy vehicles than
the metal ramps I have used since I bought my Bugeye in 1970. They have a
more gradual slope and fit under the front lips of the vehicles plus they
are plastic and are easier on my garage floor, don't rust, and are quieter.
They don't slip and I have had no problems with the vehicles not staying
where they are supposed to. I make sure the ramps line up perfectly with
the wide tires and the tires are up against the front stops. I also set the
hand brake and put the vehicles in Park. I am very satisfied with the ramps.

I don't know how they would work on my Midgets because one is a very low
slung vintage racer and the other is in a long term refurb.

At 10:16 AM 7/25/2008 -0700, David Booker wrote:
>I saw some in Advance that looked good.  I think the name is "Rhino".  Some
>sort of composite / plastic material that looked very substantial.  They had
>two versions (different weight capacities - either of which would hold
>multiple Spridgets).  There is a big lip at the back edge so you can't go too
>far.  I think there's some kind of slight elevation change or small lip at the
>top of the ramp too, but I might be wrong there.  If it is much of a dip,
>looks like you would have trouble backing off of it when you're finished with
>your work...
>
>Has anybody used these?  I was thinking about getting a pair myself.
>
> - David
>'71 Midget
>Long Island

Bob Spruck