[Spridgets] Off Thread, but need mens advice.....GPS?

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Wed Dec 24 08:10:21 MST 2008

I do not have a GPS. I have used them on trips and have a number of droll
anecdotes I could relate, but, in the spirit of Christmas, I will spare you.
I work hard at avoiding that temptation because I enjoy using maps and
knowing a bit more about where I am than "I am following the instructions,
so I can't be lost". They are wonderful gadgets and VERY useful. Trish has a
little handheld GPS we use for geocaching.

Having said all that, make sure you understand the process and costs of
renewing the maps in the unit as a part of the selection process. At one
time this varied greatly among the various suppliers.
David Lieb