[Spridgets] 1274 Sump replacement....

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Mon Aug 4 22:41:43 MDT 2008

Dave,

Yes the sump can be replaced from underneath - do not have to pull,
mover or other wise reposition the engine.  A 7/16 socket with a long
extension makes for a quick and easy job.  The last time I did this
the half circles were cork, maybe still are.  Anyway what worked for
me was to press them into the slot on the pan then cut them with
about a 1/8 inch over size on both sides.  This makes it a little
harder to get the bolts started but compresses the cork for a good seal.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition