[Spridgets] 1274 Sump replacement....

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Mon Aug 4 22:30:04 MDT 2008

Hi Folks,

A question about the sump...

I would like to replace the sump on The Beast.... it's been badly bashed in
underneath! --- asper usual !!
I do have what I think is a fair condition replacement sump...
Here's the question(s)...
Can this be done from underneath without pulling the engine?
What do I do with the semi-circular cut-outs at the front and back of the
sump?
I know they are for oil seals but is there a special trick to make sure they
don't leak when I fit them?
I don't want to be another Exxon Valdez...

Any other "hints and kinks" for doing this???

TIA...
--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

The Original Point and Click  --- Smith and Wesson....