[Spridgets] Was: still there? Now: Big Words

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat Nov 17 20:07:50 MST 2007

> I think Mexican labor makes up a great deal of the economy in this
> country.  I am all for immigrant workers.  But, I want them to pay
> taxes, preferably at a higher rate than me, and I want them to earn
> citizenship before they vote.  I don't like the idea of our government
> giving money to illegals or deadbeats.

How about the theory that the rights granted by the Constitution were
intended for actual citizens? I object to non-citizens having the same
rights as citizens. If we were to welcome Mexican labor, give them each a
verifiable identification, tax them at a higher rate, and not treat them or
any other immigrants as citizens until they conform to the requirements for
citizenship, we might be headed in the right direction? The current "system"
which requires them to "fly under the radar" merely enables them to duck any
other form of responsibility as well.
David Lieb