[Spridgets] Was: still there? Now: Big Words

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 20:01:22 MST 2007

I understood your post.  My reply wasn't directed at your post alone.
People were comparing different times, different eras, trying to draw
parallels.  At one time, many immigrants from Europe were funneled
through Ellis Isle, and there was some sort of control.  I was
humorously suggesting that we initiate some similar kind of control
over this latest form of immigration.  The humor is in imagining a
system where Mexicans are shipped to NY and processed.

I think Mexican labor makes up a great deal of the economy in this
country.  I am all for immigrant workers.  But, I want them to pay
taxes, preferably at a higher rate than me, and I want them to earn
citizenship before they vote.  I don't like the idea of our government
giving money to illegals or deadbeats.

Feel free to use small, medium, and large words.  I am not too proud
to use www.m-w.com, I have it bookmarked.  Condescension (
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/condescension ) doesn't really bother
me, either.  Being large of stature and relatively intelligent I
realize that there are people bigger, smarter, and wiser than me, but
I don't let it bother me.  And, yes, I had to check the spelling of
condescension.  A wise man welcomes correction.  A fool doesn't.