[Spridgets] rear oil seals and crankcase ventilation

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 1 12:17:26 MST 2007

There is a U-bent piece of wire inserted in the cannister that keeps the
"wad" of steel wool from finding its way into the timing chain area.  Seemed
like paranoid overkill to me.  Once you pull out the wire and the retained
wad of wool, the stainless steel scrubber pads sold for kitchen use work
well as replacements.  Likewise, the breather tube atop a Datsun 5-speed
that fouls on the tranny tunnel can be pried out and a small pellet of this
same wool can be stuffed into the hole in its place.

Glen