[Spridgets] Help with clutch problem...

TMHEFFRON at aol.com TMHEFFRON at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 08:25:16 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/15/2007 5:22:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
derf247 at gmail.com writes:

Disc  stuck?
Disc in backward?
How much travel are you getting at the clutch  lever?

Hi Derf:

The disc isn't stuck - it will drag medium-light with clutch fully  depressed
and engine running - the car will creep forward unless foot is on the  brake.
 Obviously you can't get first gear this way unless you start the  car with
the rear on a jack and then let it down.  I'm thinking that may be  an
inconvenient way to drive the car in the heavy stop-and-go traffic situations  we have
here in Chicagoland.

I don't think it's in backward - I had several folks at Flounderpalooza  look
it over before I bolted the trans to the engine.

It appears I'm getting about 1/2 to 3/4 inch travel at the clutch  lever.

Thanks for asking.

TuTone